Looking forward to sharing bits about new adventure- Taking our Mainship trawler “Moon Shadow” on the great American loop beginning in the fall of 2016.
logging our purchase, planning, projects , updates and repairs, launch and provisioning in Mackinaw City – and finally sharing the day to day as we head south through Chicago by mid September
We are doing the loop on a 1997 Mainship 350 Trawler named Moon Shadow.
We will travel at an average speed of 8-10 knots.
Here are a few features of our boat:
- Twin Volva Penta Turbochargers
- Fuel capacity (two tanks) 300 gals.
- Holding Tank 40 gal.
- 10 KV Generator (Diesel)
- Forward Master Cabin
- Guest Cabin
- Fly bridge with steps leading to it
- Electric Davit System
- 10 foot dinghy with 15 hp mercury motor (Hard Bottom RIB )
- Electric Vacuum Toilet (like an aircraft!)
- A/C and Heat Reverse cycle system
- Hot water system
- 8 golf cart batteries,
- Refrigerator with Freezer
- 4 burner stove with oven, Propane
- Portable Freezer