We were very excited to purchase our new trawler, we quickly developed a project list to be worked on over the winter.
It didn’t make it easy, as we live near Minneapolis and the boat is in winter storage at Mackinaw City Michigan (think 11 hour drive through northern Michigan in the winter).
Here is a rough list – see future posts for more detailed information!
Many have been completed and will be detailed and photographed in blog posts as we go along.
- Salon Cabinet: redesign cabinet- added hidden tv with auto lift; wine cabinet, and recycle/ garbage pull out drawer.
- New drawer fronts and replaced with stainless handles and knobs
- Designed a new shelf with sliding smoked glass/plexiglass doors behind the sink backsplash (cut a hole and added a shelf that extends into the guest cabin)
- Replaced oak parquet flooring with Teak and Holly vinyl flooring
- Modified the refrigerator so door hinge is on the left, re-faced the front with stainless door inserts
- Modified the cabinet above the fridge to allow more light, and a built in microwave
- Changed lighting to LED
- Installed a leather loveseat convertible bed (re-purposed from a Winnebago RV)
- Custom Built Black Walnut Drop Leaf table (Made by Dave)
- Bookshelf added in guest cabin ( in process)
- Modified the radar mast so it can be lowered for bridges
- Rebuilt the solar panel system
- Installed new radio with AIS feature
- Installed Fuel Gauge
- Changed Water Pump Impellers
- Hydraulic gas struts for engine compartment (in process)
- Installed holding tank gauge monitor (in process)
- New depth finder with speed and temp
- Blue tooth speaker
- Blue Ray DVD
- Apple TV
- Microsoft wireless display